Your Chosen Path Coaching and Custom Retreats

Friday, August 6, 2010

Large animals-Megafauna

Someone told me recently that there is actually a name for large animals.  I never heard of that before.  I decided to look it up and lo and behold, there is a definition! 
Megafauna means large animals. Sometimes, it is used to refer to the unusually large animals of the last ice age, such as mammoths. Sometimes, it is used to refer to large, extinct animals, such as the short-faced bear or the sabre-toothed cat. Sometimes, it is used to refer to dinosaurs. Sometimes, it is used to refer to large, modern animals, such as polar bears and hippopotamus.-Reference www.answer.com
I have always had a fascination with large animals.  I have owned horses, I have a giant Schnauzer, I love elephants, bears and large cats (not the house kind!).  Once you own a giant schnauzer, a miniature schnauzer just doesn't cut it for me! 
Horses always carry a special place in my heart.  During the time as a child, when we owned the horses, my sister and I were totally responsible for their care.  Every morning and night, even when there was school, we would take turns carrying water down to the barn and feeding our 2 horses.  We mucked the barns and stacked the hay.  It wasn't easy but it didn't matter to me.  It was a worthwhile learning experience as a kid to have those big animals dependent on us. 
Now, as an adult, I don't own horses anymore.  Living in Atlanta, the weather here is so hot, I couldn't stand to ride in the summer.  Wintertime is great!  I have recently found a really great farm where I can ride.  They even have my favorite breed-Appaloosa's (see picture below). 

I especially love the leopard Appaloosa's.  This farm, Southern Cross Guest Ranch offers fabulous home cooked food, 2 horse rides per day, luxurious accommodations, a pool and hot tub and more! 
Due to my love of horses and my love for doing retreats, I have decided to combine the two and do horse retreats!  This is really exciting for me!  I have one scheduled for this September 30-October 3 called Soul Discovery on Horseback.  If you would like to know more, contact me at 770-843-9046.
I'm just thrilled to have the opportunity to match 2 things in my life that I love, but isn't that what life is all about?
Teresa Wolf
Your Chosen Path Coaching and Custom Retreats
Direct:  770-843-9056
teresa@yourchosenpath.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment